Editor’s Note: Huffington Post’s Senior Politics Editor, Katy Hall, has a very provocative piece on “lies Republicans tell about Women’s bodies,” which she claims are either promoted by Republican lawmakers pushing for pro-life legislation and/or come from GOP presidential candidates and their spokespeople and surrogates.
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) apologized Tuesday to Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.) for accusing her of lying about the gender breakdown of a contraception hearing panel, but plenty of real lies remain in the debate over women’s health. Some are promoted by Republican lawmakers as they push legislation that limits reproductive rights, and others come from GOP presidential candidates and their surrogates.
- Birth Control Causes Prostate Cancer.
- Abortion Causes Breast Cancer.
- Birth Control Is A Sex Pill.
- Abortion Industry Is “Selling Abortions.”
- Women Can’t Get Pregnant From Rape.
- Prenatal Testing Leads To Abortion.
- HPV Vaccine Causes Retardation.
- Plan B Causes Abortions.
- Your Fetus Is Just Fine.