The 2018 Chevrolet Traverse is a 3-row midsize SUV. It has comparatively more passenger and cargo space than almost any rival in the same class. It can make a tough journey on a rough road a smooth ride. The infotainment system is alluring and so is the fuel economy. It has redefined luxury with its new luxury-level top trim. The room behind the third-row seat is, arguably, greater than any other vehicle in the same class.
Chevrolet seems really determined to expand the Traverse range to push up against new luxury offerings. The Chevrolet Traverse 2018 has seven extended Trim levels with most of them being fitted with a V6 engine. The trim levels are L, LS, LT Cloth, LT Leather, RS, Premier and High Country.
- Traverse L: Base model, cloth upholstery, tilt adjustable steering wheel, equipped with LED running lights, heated mirrors, xenon headlights, 18-inch wheels and engine stop-start, only available in front wheel drive
- Traverse LS: same equipment as L with a few optional extras
- Traverse LT Cloth: roof rails, mirror-integrated turn signals, reduced seat capacity to seven but improved comfort and accessibility, available with two notable packages namely The Convenience and driver confidence package and The Trailering package
- Traverse LT Leather: some luxury upgrades like leather upholstery, 10-speaker Bose sound system, 120-volt power outlet, a built-in rearview camera display, a power adjustable passenger seat, and a top-down parking camera system
- Traverse RS: has a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder, a more styled version of LT Leather
- Traverse Premier: LED headlights, V6 engine, hands-free operation for the liftgate, auto-dimming side mirrors, power adjustable steering column, and ventilated front seats
- Traverse High Country: a special all-wheel-drive system with automatic high beams, sunroof, cruise control, and leather upholstery.
Driving and Performance:
2018 Chevrolet traverse configurations includes a 255 hp four-cylinder engine with 295 lb-ft of torque, the engine used is a 310 hp 3.6-liter V6 engine with 266 lb-ft of torque. The Chevy Traverse can easily traverse you through the rugged roads comfortably. The V6 engine will provide you around 18 and 27 mpg in cities and highways respectively. The maximum trailering capacity of the engine is around 5,000 pounds. The power in the front wheels is fed by a 9-speed automatic transmission. The handling prowess of Traverse is also remarkable. In terms of reliability, JD Power rated it 4 out of 5. Considering the weight of this vehicle the acceleration is strong. The steering, ride quality and the handling all are quite impressive. The brake pedal feel, effectiveness and response are also very good.
The Chevy Traverse can easily seat seven to eight passengers. The legroom is sufficient for adult passengers. The seats are also very comfy. It has two full sets of LATCH connectors. Though the third row has three tether anchors but there are no lower anchors. It is a clear standout among its rivals in terms of the cargo space. The second and third row seats are foldable and thus the cargo space can be extended as and when required. The infotainment system used in Chevrolet Traverse is MyLink and is quite up to the mark. The graphics of the touch screen is very crisp. Most of the interior of this vehicle is made of hard plastics. The cabin might be sometimes loud in terms of road noise and wind noise.
The color availability in Chevrolet traverse is wide and you can choose your pick from Satin Steel Metallic, Black Currant Metallic, Iridescent Pearl, Havana Brown Metallic, Silver Ice Metallic, and others. The wheelbase dimension is 118.9 inches. The length is 203.7 inches and the width is 78.4 inches. The curb weight is 2316 kg(4700 lbs).
Safety should be your first priority while purchasing any vehicle and the Chevrolet Traverse is quite astounding when it comes to safety. Its Rear Seat Reminder System is very good for the safety of children. It is available with all the modern driver assistance and collision avoidance systems. The Chevy Traverse has got 7 airbags, Rear Vision camera and Rear Park Assist. It has also got Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning along with Rear Cross Traffic Alert. It is yet to be rated on crash-tests from both NHTSA and IIHS.
The Chevrolet Traverse is really a good SUV. Its motor is both smooth and quiet and the interior space is also ample. The wide range of trim availability will allow you to choose your vehicle at an extra level of specialization. The infotainment system is also very impressive. Being an SUV it understands the importance of styling and luxury and adheres to the standard. Though the range of vehicles in midsize SUVs is quite large, the Chevrolet Traverse still manages to grab a position and deserves a look!